I am an ugly looking big creature. An out-of-the-box-wisdom preacher. Usually Kool and unusually weird. Full of 'spirit' and never tired.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

My Crime

-------------The Dream-----------------

In the pulchritude of Vietnamese summer
The green berets felicitating one another
The joy of defeating the bellicose rival
Is plummeted by the joy of their survival
Back in the corner I stand like a zombie
Wish I was among the dead and the absentee
Suddenly the azure sky turns red with napalm
Stupefied soldiers running for lives in tandem

------------------------------------------


The same old nightmare has gripped me
Leaving me grasping for breaths, and sweaty
This tantalizing dream has killed my sleep
Slowly turning me into an uncanny creep

I try to remember what happened that night
The thought was horrifying and so was the sight
The injured captain continued to hold ground
In spite of flying bullets and his lethal wound

I tried to convince him of our impending defeat
Standing in front of bullets was madness and no feat
He aimed the gun at me and said 'You back off and I shoot'
But he was not strong enough to thwart my pursuit

I survived the bullets but not my conscience
I die every moment even in my complete sense
I wish I could turn the clock and go back in time
I would have shot myself in penance of my crime

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home